Cyclobenzaprine ER Dosage
The recommended cyclobenzaprine ER dosage for treating muscle spasms in most people is 15 mg once a day. In order to adequately control their muscle spasms, some people may need to take 30 mg once daily. Although you can take your dose of cyclobenzaprine ER at any time of the day, it is best to take it consistently at the same time each day.
The dose of cyclobenzaprine ER (Amrix®) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to cyclobenzaprine ER
- Other medications you are taking
- Any other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your cyclobenzaprine ER dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
The recommended cyclobenzaprine ER dose for most people is 15 mg once daily. Some people may need a dose of 30 mg once daily in order to adequately control their muscle spasms.
Some considerations for people taking cyclobenzaprine ER include the following:
- Cyclobenzaprine ER comes in capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take the medication any time of the day, but it is best to take it consistently at the same time each day. Taking the cyclobenzaprine ER in the evening may help reduce daytime drowsiness.
- In general, cyclobenzaprine ER should only be used for two to three weeks at a time.
- You can take the medication with food or on an empty stomach. If it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Be sure to swallow the capsules whole. Do not open, crush, or chew the capsules.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or cyclobenzaprine ER dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.