General considerations for when and how to take the medication include the following:
- Clinoril comes in tablet form and is generally taken twice a day with food.
- Take your dose with a full glass of water.
- For Clinoril to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
- Try to take Clinoril at the same time each day to maintain even levels of medication in the blood.
- It is important to take the lowest effective dose for the least amount of time in order to treat your condition. This will decrease the chances of developing serious side effects.
The dose of Clinoril that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Clinoril Dosage for more information.)
As with any medicine, side effects are possible with Clinoril. Yet, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. If side effects do occur, in many cases, they are minor, meaning that they either require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider.
The most common Clinoril side effects include:
- Stomach pain
- Indigestion or heartburn
- Nausea, with or without vomiting
- Unexplained rash
Less common but serious side effects include:
- Cardiovascular problems, including a heart attack or stroke
- Stomach or intestinal problems, including bleeding, ulcers, or a hole (known as a perforation)
- Liver damage
- Kidney problems, including kidney failure or kidney stones
- Rapid weight gain (see Clinoril and Weight Gain)
- Congestive heart failure
- Vision problems
- Allergic reaction
- Unexplained rash.
These possible side effects are shared with all NSAIDs and can lead to life-threatening complications or even loss of life.
(Click Clinoril Side Effects to learn more, including possibly serious side effects to look out for.)