Butrans Warnings and Precautions
Who Should Not Use Butrans?You should avoid Butrans if you:
- Are allergic to it, buprenorphine, or any of the inactive components used to make the medication. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Need pain medication only for acute pain (for a short period).
- Only need pain management for pain from surgery or other medical or dental procedures.
- Are experiencing mild pain.
- Only need intermittent ("as needed") pain relief.
- Have significant respiratory depression (slow or ineffective breathing due to a variety of causes).
- Have paralytic ileus (a bowel obstruction).