Buprenorphine Side Effects
- Sedation (a drowsy, calm state) -- in up to approximately 66 percent of people
- Nausea -- up to 5 to 10 percent
- Dizziness or a spinning sensation (vertigo) -- up to 5 to 10 percent.
- Nausea -- in up to 23 percent of people
- Headache -- up to 16 percent
- Dizziness -- up to 16 percent
- Itching at the application site -- up to 15 percent
- Drowsiness -- up to 14 percent
- Constipation -- up to 14 percent
- Vomiting -- up to 11 percent.
- Headache -- in up to 29.1 percent
- Insomnia -- up to 21.4 percent
- Nausea -- up to 13.6 percent
- Sweating -- up to 12.6 percent
- Infection -- up to 11.7 percent
- Stomach pain (abdominal pain) -- up to 11.7 percent.
For buprenorphine and naloxone sublingual tablets or film (Suboxone), the most common side effects included:
- Headache -- in up to 36.4 percent
- Pain -- up to 22.4 percent
- Nausea -- up to 15 percent
- Sweating -- up to 14 percent
- Constipation -- up to 12.1 percent
- Stomach pain (abdominal pain) -- up to 11.2 percent.
You may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any adverse reactions while taking buprenorphine or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.