Serious Side Effects
side effects are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- The urge to use more Buprenex than prescribed or for a non-medical purpose
- Any difficulty breathing, including reduced, shallow, slow, or irregular breathing
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Severe drowsiness
- Cold and clammy skin
- Fainting or loss of consciousness
- Confusion or problems thinking, walking, or talking
- Hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that are not really there)
- Severe constipation
- Unusual changes in behavior or mood, including depression, hostility, agitation, or anxiety
- Dizziness when getting up from a seated or lying position, which may be a sign of low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing.
You may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while using Buprenex or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.