Drug InteractionsBuprenex may potentially interact with a number of other medicines (see Buprenex Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderTalk with your healthcare provider prior to using Buprenex if you have:
- A history of drug or alcohol dependence or abuse
- A history of breathing problems, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), or any other lung disease
- Heart disease of any kind
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- A very slow heart rate (bradycardia)
- A head injury, brain tumor, or increased pressure around the brain
- A history of strokes
- A history of seizures
- Problems urinating
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Gallbladder or pancreas disease
- Liver disease, such as cirrhosis, liver failure, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Buprenex and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Buprenex and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Buprenex Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not use the drug.)