How Does It Work?Anaprox DS and other NSAIDs work by inhibiting the action of certain hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body. These hormones are called prostaglandins.
Effects of Anaprox DSBy blocking the effects of prostaglandins, Anaprox DS is useful for reducing fever and pain related to a number of conditions. As mentioned, this includes pain and joint swelling associated with different forms of arthritis and other diseases, as well as pain related to inflammation or bone, muscle, or tendon injury.
When and How Do I Take It?Some general considerations for when and how to take Anaprox DS include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth no more than twice a day or every 12 hours. It is best if you take it with food.
- Do not break, chew, or crush the Anaprox DS tablets.
- For the medication to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
- It is important to take the lowest effective dose for the least amount of time in order to treat your condition. This will decrease the chances of serious side effects occurring.
Anaprox DS DosageThe dosage your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Anaprox Dosing for more information.)