Anaprox Dosing for Gout
When treating gout, the recommended starting Anaprox dosage is 825 mg, followed by 275 mg every eight hours, until the attack has subsided.
General Anaprox Dosing InformationSome considerations for people taking Anaprox include the following:
- Your Anaprox dosage should be taken with a glass of water. Taking it with milk or food may prevent an upset stomach.
- It is important to take the lowest effective dose for the least amount of time in order to treat your condition. This will decrease the chances of serious side effects occurring.
- If you are taking Anaprox to help relieve symptoms of arthritis, such as joint inflammation, it may take one to two weeks for effects to be fully felt. However, Anaprox generally relieves pain to some degree in about 30 minutes.
- For Anaprox to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Anaprox will not work if you take it in a way other than how your healthcare provider prescribes.
- If you do not take your Anaprox as scheduled, take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is close to the next scheduled dose, skip the missed one and continue with normal dosing. Do not double the dose at one time or take it with other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It is okay to take it with acetaminophen (Tylenol®).
- If you are unsure about anything related to Anaprox or dosing information, talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking Anaprox without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.